2017-2018 Building winners’ creations are on their way to the district-level competition! Any District winners from Westerville City Schools will be notified by Westerville Parent Council and will be honored by the Westerville City Schools Board of Education.
For our Students:
Reflect on the Theme
Think about the 2017-2018 theme: Within Reach
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Your work will be reviewed by experienced arts and education volunteers. Judges look for the following:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Tell Us About Your Work
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards & Prizes!
Be recognized as an artist and enter to win awards and prizes provided by your local, regional, state and National PTA!
Follow your school’s PTA deadlines and instructions on how to enter. Additional guidelines and forms may be available by your State PTA. Awards and prizes will vary by PTA.